记住这一刻

A few days ago, hubby told me that his friend who was at the week 38 would go for ceasarean on the 15th September, a date they chose to give birth to their second baby. Somehow, over the weekend, hubby received the message from them that the baby has decided to come out earlier, a few days before the scheduled c-sec.
God always has better planning and arrangement for us. My doctor was away for a week last week. If my baby chose to come out during that time, we would have another doctor who was on standby to deliver the baby. None of my baby came out that early. Xuan was over the due date and Cheng was 2 days before the due date. With this one, I do not know when although the due date would be around 16-17. We have a few public holidays in between and there is probably quite an auspicious mid-autumn day in lunar calendar, but we let our doctor to decide on the date to deliver the baby.
This morning, I started to feel contractions every 7 minutes apart. It brings back a lot of memories when I was having Cheng. I, too, had contractions at wee hours that made me hard to sleep. By 7 something in the morning, my water bag broke. This time, the scheduled c-sec is at 1pm. I think the baby can wait, my gut feeling tells me, despite the contractions is here.
I'm gonna say goodbye to this pregnancy journey real soon. It feels like yesterday where I found myself positive for the test, the terrible prolonged morning sickness, the anxiety for the spotting I had, the ever over-the-moon babymoon we had, the heartburn, and the list goes on. Gonna miss these bittersweet moments a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment