Morning sickness

I remember my morning sickness during my first pregnancy. It was bad but not so bad. I threw up food I had in the first trimester, so my only appetite was beehun. Hubby was surprised that a fussy eater like me could go on beehun for 3 meals in a day. Not so me, really. But that was me 5 years ago. The symptom got better entering second trimester. Mum had an operation in May, I went back to visit her. Then while on the way to airport to return to KL, I threw up the soup I had. I remember my big sis' expression. It was funny. But seriously the vomitting episode was not a big deal to me. Then, I had heartburn in the last trimester, quite bad that I thought I should see a gastroenterologist after I gave birth to Xuan. I could not have oily stuff too for the reason that I would burp then rush to the toilet to vomit. But things went back to normal thereafter, no need to see the gastroenterogist eventually.
When I was having Cheng, the pregnancy was a smooth one. I do not remember the morning sickness I had to endure. I only found out my pregnancy when my yield for breastmilk was very much lesser which prompted me to get the test. I had no nausea and so on. But my bro and sis still remember I'm a record holder of gulping down 1kg of fresh cream cake in a day or two. All by myself. I ate a lot, a lot of sweet stuff. Ironically, the dried plums my sis got from Taipei and once was the savior during my first pregnancy was not much of help. She, again, bought a few packets for me during my second pregnancy. But I did not have cravings for sour snacks. Despite Xuan was below 2 years old, I probably was not feeling exhausted. I guess a lot of people were busy playing with him so I had my me-time back then where I spent a lot on reading emo articles on the phone. My mil was his caregiver. On top of that, bro and sis were with him too. He was and still is a happy and carefree kid.
Now, with no. 3 coming onboard, the morning sickness is unpreventable. I had no appetite at all in my first trimester. Most of the times after hubby prepared the meals and we were done feeding the kids, I would request him to take me the nearby mamak for tomyam. It went on for a couple of months. Mil who came for check up on and off got worried because I just wouldn't eat. My bro and sis still thought I had a sweet tooth and offered to buy cakes for me. Not trying to deny the fact, I think I'm really into sweet stuff but not this pregnancy though. My sis bought some cakes from Chaiteraise and Moonlight. I feel the fresh cream still can't beat the one I had in my hometown. Anyway, slowly, I got back my appetite entering April. Thank goodness that it came back before my trip to Europe. And for a vege person like me, I surprisingly craved for meat and I couldn't stand the coffee smell even the frappucino that I fancy. Fast forward today where I'm entering the almost final days of pregnancy, I feel ache all over my body. It's very challenging- I have heartburn so I do not eat much. Someday I throw up food that I have taken. Then, I'm suffering from cough which aches me whenever I let out a cough. When I'm lying down on the back or on the right side, my back and right rib cage pain. I fall into sleep sitting up right. I sound like ranting a lot but that's me now. Hubby said I too complained about feeling heavy and pain during Cheng's time. Frankly, I do not remember those. I thought the pregnancy with Cheng was the smoothest of all.
For whatever reasons they can be, each pregnancy is very different. This pregnancy will be a history soon. I relate all my pregnancies to mums out there who sacrifice a lot to bring us to this world. My mil and mum did not have the luxury of hubby cooking and doing house chores for them. They carried us to full term and none of the days that they could cheat just because of heavy tummy they were carrying. I truly count my blessings. Please pray for my safe delivery and a healthy baby onboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment