Learning Chinese
Xuan's teacher told me that he was crying in his class because he is reluctant to learn Chinese. He told the teacher, my mummy speaks English, my daddy speaks English too. I don't like Chinese. So the teacher asked him, do you like bahasa? He shook his head. Do you like Tamil? He shook his head again. He is comfortable with English that whenever we try to initiate conversation in Chinese, he will ask us to switch it back to English. It's not that he doesn't understand the language, we even believe he has already mastered it because that's our native language with other family members. He is just funny. The other day, the principal asked if he is interested to join music or art enrichment class. We thought he could give one of those a try if he is interested since he loves coloring. The next thing he came home to tell the father is, please wait until I turn 6 because I want to have more time to nap. Arghhhh... Our son......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment