The biggest scare

My life in the past few days was really a horrible experience. It was the biggest fear I thought I might probably suffer some chronic illnesses. It began last Tuesday after I had a cup of white coffee. My work has been quite light these days because many are still on their annual leave. On that day, I took my sweet time to have some heavy breakfast, followed by a cup of coffee. I have long known that my body is deficient in digesting dairy and lactose. I would have some burping or probably loose stool, that's all, the effects wouldn't last long and not bad. Whatever happened after that cup of coffee was too much for me to forget. I felt nauseated and have been burping excessively. Thinking that my body was too heaty and I was gonna fall sick, I hung on and waited. The next day, it did not get better, I still went to have McD which came with a glass of coke. Since then, I burped even more like nonstop, stomach discomfort, sleepless nights and the list went on. I promised myself that I should go and check it out on the Saturday after the new year. Since the new year fell on Friday, many medical consultants were on leave including the gastroenterologists I'm familiar with, who attended my parents. I picked one who was available and totally new to me. Later, I found him quite kind. He commented that I have gastritis and was gonna prescribe me some medicine. He would be happy if I were to have endoscopy because he would make more money but I did not need it now for my condition. I, however, turned him down and insisted to have the procedure done. I was glad and relieved that the results showed nothing but a very sensitive stomach. I have to be more mindful and careful of what I'm gonna eat next time. The experience was like a roller coaster, I felt like stepping into and came out from the gate to hell. Now I'm back into a good shape. Still with some burping which is ugly and I cannot totally get rid of but I feel so so so much better. Because of that, I swear that I'm going to celebrate this great news by having some thanksgivings!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment