Mini confinement

Stubborn with so called modern thinking people like me are always wondering why the Asians have to undergo post natal confinement and the logic behind it while it makes me so uneasy with its strict rules. I have had two confinements in the past, not so strict as I got to bath everyday and some approved vegetables and fruits were allowed. But fan is still a no no. And to have a glass of wine after every bath did not make me better. But, still, out of respect and fear that it might affect me when I turn old, I tried to comply and listen, although I became sulky. I also rant about it, even now. This time around, I must say I can't be happier. First, the confinement is shorter. Secondly, I do not really bother about mobility restriction- I have been climbing the staircase everyday. Thirdly, I'm wearing short pants. I feel much better. Lastly, hubby is my best helper and I do not eat as much as those in the past. I only have 3 proper meals plus some snacks everyday. My mil loves me so much that she must ensure my tummy never once gets empty. I had 5 meals a day plus some snacks with her presence, which after the confinements, I had the thought to go for detox. I'm enjoying my holiday aka medical leave. Although boring, I'm upset that it's going to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment