Finding it hard to banish jet lag

I'm definitely lying if I say I'm doing it very good after my holidays in Europe and I have no jet lag. The fact that I'm still awake at this hour says everything all. For the first week I touched down in Germany, I woke up in the middle of the night. I had nothing to do, so I turned on my mobile and texting my friends in Malaysia via whatsapp. It went on for nearly a week to get my body adjusted to the German time, but I would still get up at about 5-6 in the morning every day. Now that I'm back, the jet lag strikes and I need some time to bring my biological clock back to normal. It's hard but a reality that I'm getting old. Hence, the prolonged jet lag symptoms. I do not feel disrupted or awful, I still manage to catch up some quality sleep. The only regret is that, I should have slept longer, not short and frequent sleep like I'm having rite now. I'm of course envious of hubby and the kids who are sleeping soundly on the bed, to my mind, being able to fall asleep is a blessing!! Too bad that I'm such a light sleeper so I'm hungry, like getting hungry very easily. So I think of the oysters in Austria which I thought I should have brought it back here but in the end, I forgot. I have a very sotong memory too. Sigh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment