mummy at work

I'm so pissed at a job received last minute when I have to work over the weekend. It is not something new, I always work late for this. But this time it comes too late. As a result, I asked hubby to look after the kids and I hid myself in the room to finish the paper. Very late at night, Cheng and XY started looking for me to tuck them into bed. Hubby was still there soothing them. I guess I'm just so lucky to oversee this portfolio where working over weekend is just so common. Yet, people still have the perception that the civil service is relaxing, blah blah blah. The truth is, we do not go on to tell the whole world that we are overloaded. And it always takes up the family time. But this is how it is that we work and contribute to the nation. One day when I'm gone, I want my kids to remember that whatever we do, giving back to the community, be it in any form, is the key principle of life that everyone should have. We vow to make this world a better place to live!!

No comments:

Post a Comment