Confinement Lady

Today marks the 30th day of my baby's birth so we are going to have a simple ceremony to celebrate her full moon. I'm finally going to be graduating from the confinement and I can proudly wear shorts from then on. Tomorrow, the confinement lady is leaving and I will be all alone looking after the baby. This auntie has been a great help, we did not plan to hire a confinement lady at all at the first place. But somehow we crossed path and were fated to meet each other. I'm going to remember how motherly she is that she helps us with the house chores. My house, my entire house has never been this neat and I felt ashamed to make her sweep and clean the floor, even our room. She is also good at cooking that hubby has learnt some from her. I hope he has written those recipes down and will cook for me next time. I'm definitely going to miss the toast, red bean soup and some collagen drinks that she has made. That's the homemade luxury that I won't get to eat after she leaves. People come and go in our lives. I'm glad that I have always had pleasant encounter with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment