A friend of mine whom I have not met for many years congratulated me on my new bundle of joy. While I was happy to share my motherhood experiences with her because she is expecting her first baby soon, her remarks on me being productive for having three kids is really uncalled for. But she was not the first person who has said the same thing to me. At my office, a colleague who has 5 children, was shocked to see me pregnant again, she said I was always with my bump. I'm not sensitive with those comments if they come from friends who are not married or childless. The fact is we have truly been blessed to become father and mother to our children although they drive us up the wall sometimes. It's a wonderful feeling to have them around. When I look at my babies, besides the dreadful confinements which I sweat buckets, I feel humbled and grateful for the journey I have been through...
No comments:
Post a Comment